Sunday, May 15, 2011

Matcha Shortbread Cookies



A few day before my birthday, I went to Cibi cafe, collingwood, a cute little japanese cafe with homey food. I had a set menu and the best-ever green tea muffin for dessert. The muffin was soft, with the right balance of the sweet and bitter taste, and in the middle, it filled with red bean paste. The meal was a tad expensive for my standard, but it inspired me to make these little green babies.

Instead of muffins, I've decided to go with matcha shortbread, just in wouldn't be able to compete wih Cibi's muffins. :) So, googled I went, and found this recipe from Chocolate and Zucchini.
I basically follow the recipe instructions, the only changes I made was I used ground raw sugar instead of caster sugar, just because I haven't got one at that time. The cookies came out beautifully, however they weren't as 'dense' looking as C&Z's, they might need a bit more time in the oven.

Taste-wise, they were perfect little shortbreads, slightly sweet, slightly bitter, a bit crumbly on the inside. Would definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment