Wednesday, September 7, 2011

green pasta



a few weeks ago, I bought a packet of dried spinach fetuccini, when I cooked it, it leeched scary looking fluorescent-green colour in the cooking water. They must have been packed full with green food colouring. I vowed to never buy that pasta again.

Last week, I picked up the same pasta! exactly. the. same. one. :(
Anyway, this recipe reminded me of my stupidity, well maybe its the silver lining on my stupidity cloud.
No exact measurement, as this is a midweek-quick pasta dinner type of food.
Here it goes :
2 cups of cooked spiral pasta (fussili i think it's called?)
1 bunch spinach
1 handful of dill
2 tbsp grated parmesan (add more if you want, more cheese always better)
2 egg yolks
1 cup chopped broccoli, steamed or boiled
2 slices of brie or feta cheese diced
olive oil
chilli flakes

place egg yolks and parmesan in a food processor
blanch spinach and dill in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and squeeze all the water out with tongs
put the spinach mixture in the food processor, blitz, taste and season with salt and pepper
toss with hot pasta and chopped broccoli, topped with brie
drizzle with olive oil, and add chilli flakes

I purposely leave out garlic in the recipe, just because I hate sleeping with garlic breath, it doesn't matter how hard I brush my teeth, I could still taste it in the morning. yuck.
But, if you're a garlic fan, pop 1 clove of garlic in the food processor.

aaah, much better than the fluorescent green pasta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment