Wednesday, September 7, 2011

it took me five years, but I finally love you, Vegemite



First time I had a taste of vegemite was five years ago, straight from the jar (belong to my ex-housemate), with a teaspoon.
my thought was, revolting.
second time, in a scroll from bakers delight, couldn't finish the whole scroll, but I manage to squeeze a few bites-full.
third time, in a scroll form again,this time from coles supermarket, it had smaller vegemite to bread ratio, I finished the whole thing! Maybe I was hungry, or maybe I just started to warmed up to this yeasty jar of brown paste.
next thing I know, I bought a small jar of it.
Now it's a part of my breakfast repertoire,slathered on wholemeal toast, with avocado, rocket leaves, and lemon juice. YUM!
oh yeah, and a cup of soy latte. perfect.
Strangely, now I thought it taste a bit like parmesan cheese.
I'm glad I was persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment