Wednesday, May 26, 2010

super simple broccoli



well well, this blog has turn into a food blog hasn't it?
hmm, that's alright (I guess).
broccoli is my favourite vegie, I always buy them every SINGLE week!
A week without those tiny florets, my body would scream "I WANT MY BROCCOLI..NOW!!!"

anyway,here's how I did it.

you'll need :
1 broccoli
1tsp butter
a pinch of chilli flakes, and
1 clove of garlic. thats it.

trim the florets, and slice the stalk into matchstick (yes, you can eat the stalk, just discard the toughest bottom part) wash and drain in colander
chop 1 clove of garlic
heat 1 tsp butter or olive oil (it wont be the same though, butter tastes better)
saute the garlic until fragrant, add chili, and broccoli
cover the pan,let it steam.
after 2min, flip them, and cook for another 1 - 2 min. you can see some of the florets brown a bit, that's the good part.
take off the heat, and transfer to a plate.
you can also squeeze lemon juice for a bit of zing. healthy,no salt and pepper needed. yum

No comments:

Post a Comment